Once you sign your car insurance contract, everything that’s written on it is binding. This is why you need to sacrifice some of your time to read it thoroughly. The common mistake of car owners is browsing through an important document instead of properly understanding it. In the end, they suffer by getting into a situation that they assume is covered by insurance but is not. If you don’t understand a part of your policy, you can ask your insurance agent for clarification.
Tips when signing a car insurance policy:
- · Check your state's insurance department website. You can do this online or via phone. The Department of Insurance has consumer complaint ratios, which can help you make your decision about who to insure with.
- · Check the insurance department of your local website or give them a call to ask about the insurance company that you are checking on. They usually have records of complaints against insurance companies.
- · Talk to repair shop owners as they often deal with insurance companies. They should know which company gives them the best service without hassle.
- As stated above, once you sign the car insurance contract, you are agreeing to everything that it’s telling you. Here’s are helpful tips when signing a car insurance contract.
- · Do not sign any contract with an empty space. Have the insurance agent draw a line through the space if no additional information is required.
- · Check your contract to make sure that there are no empty or blank space within it. If there are some, you have to ask the insurance agent to put a line on the blanks before signing it.
- · Make sure that the contract does not prohibit you from filing a case against them if you get into some problems. If you agree to this, you will lose your right to sue the insurance company if they did something wrong to you or your policy.
- · Check the replacement parts and make sure they do not allow the use of aftermarket parts to repair your car. This is true for every car especially if it's brand new.
Cars are big investments so you’d need to feel secure by protecting it from potential damages. At Robert Nichols, we work hard to make sure that our clients are well-protected with policies that they can afford. To learn more about how we can help you, please contact our agency at (561) 406-6153 or Click Here to request a free quote.